March 3, 2010
- Andris Vītoliņš / Vītoliņš
- Painting / Photography / Design
- Vītoliņš was born in Liepaja, which leaves a great imprint. He has a bad temper sometimes, he might call himself difficult.
- He says : “When a man in our country starts to do something like painting, he becomes different from others. I am proud of this. Being different is exclusive.”
- He enjoys swimming and riding bicycle, especially riding it in the center of the city.
- He says: “I was born in 1975, 28. of September in Latvian port city Liepaja. The school i was going to ws situated in Riga. After i graduated from school i went to crafts school where i learned how to be a decorator. In times of the last socialism period’s i was working at Red Star Factory for one month, putting together motorbikes. Then I was accepted to Latvian Art academy where i spent about 7 years changing faculties. Starting with design and ending with painting faculty. I graduated from the Academy as a master of painting. In my art, at first i was making different objects and installations. In the recent years i moslty paint. I am very much attracted by industrial sceneries and different technical stuff and objects. Factories, oil derricks and cars are as close to me as people. I explore and photograph these industrial monsters quite often. Later, from the photographs i make i get the inspiration to paint. Often, i even get to know the history of these objects, this is similar to the process when surgeon before the operation reads the patient’s history. Then in process I operate just like plastic surgeon, сonverting objects, giving them new appereance and sometimes even soul. In the end, these monsters look at you with their new faces and rarely anyone can recognize them.”
- At the moment Vītoliņš is getting prepared for an exhibition which we will be able to see next year. He also is in the process of creating a book.
- He also draws people but does not show those paintigs as often as industrially themed.
You can find him at:
December 26, 2009
- Arthur Berzinsh
- Painter / Photo manipulation / Video / Music / Graphic art
- Born: April 20th, 1983 in Riga, Latvia.
- Education: 2000 – 2005 J. Rozentals Riga Art School. 2005 – 2009 Latvian Art Academy (LMA, Visual Communications Department, bachelor) Since 2009 studies in LMA MA course.
- Maybe for detached observer my creative work may seem like some kind of delirium of drunk angels, but actually each work of art I create contains a revelation, which partly is hidden, but other it’s parts gets denuded before the viewer. It’s such a marginal twilight world which I fill with my metaphors, and then I build these images on them like on frameworks.
- I shoot photos mostly for the raw material in my creative works – for photo manipulations and other kind of visual communication. My main streamlines in creative work are painting and film making. Also besides I work as advertising artist and sometimes create music and write prose.
- His first serious work – In 2001 –” this is still one of my favourite paintings called “Ashes of our Eden” – it is 150 cm high”.
- His perfect model – “The one that conform to the character that he/she has to represent in my vision”.
- Is he different? “Yes, I am. I am different even anatomically – I am the only human in Latvia with two heart ventricles instead of four.”
- “I will never visualise things, what are against my point of view.”
- What inspires him? “Obsession. I’m obsessed. Creative plans and idea generating processes holds me in their grasp all the time. I observe things – inside of me, outside – from the abstract view, I transform one wraith into other wraith’s metaphor. Anything can inspire me, but mostly – personal emotional experiences and social exacerbations.”
You can find him at:
December 4, 2009
Stāsta Frost (MUR Crew) kurš kopā ar Tronu bija izgleznojis ši pop-up veikaliņa sienu.
” Veikalu atvēra entuziaste kura ir viena no LMA studentiem, vārdā Sabīne Moore. Veikaliņš būs atvērts tikai vienu mēnesi. No 1 līdz 30 decembrim. Shopsis blakus viesnīcai Latvija , un tā nosaukms ir “Ikrs”. Veikalā nopērkami jauno mākslinieku darbi, tas ir, mākslas skolu audzēkņu daiļrade.
To sienu zīmējām ar Tronu un tēma bija “Ikrs” (no way! ). Ikrs savā nozīmē domāts kā pavisam jaunie mākslinieki, (kuru darbi arī tur ir nopērkami) kas vēlāk, savas attīstības ceļā kļūs par lielajām zivīm tipa, lielajiem māksliniekiem. Tamdēļ tur arī redzama tāda nedaudz jūras tēma ar burbuļiem fonā- tie ir ikri domāti (melnie ) Būtībā bija tāds nedaudz frīstails (kā parasti), uz vietas izdomājām ko un kā kombinēt un ko likt.
Kāpēc tādas krāsas – jo brūna krāsa jau tur dominēja (sienas, grīda), tāpēc pret brūno likām zilo- kas ir labs, gaumīgs un patīkami kontrastējošs salikums. Toņu izvēle ir apzināti minimāla, (4 toņi- divi brūnie, zilais un balts) lai tur nebūtu krāsains kišmiš, kas vizuāli novērš uzmanību/traucē veikala prioritātei- pašai precei, jeb nopērkamajiem mākslas darbiem.”
Re, tā siena ko TRON un FROST bija nogleznojuši.