March 3, 2010
- Andris Vītoliņš / Vītoliņš
- Painting / Photography / Design
- Vītoliņš was born in Liepaja, which leaves a great imprint. He has a bad temper sometimes, he might call himself difficult.
- He says : “When a man in our country starts to do something like painting, he becomes different from others. I am proud of this. Being different is exclusive.”
- He enjoys swimming and riding bicycle, especially riding it in the center of the city.
- He says: “I was born in 1975, 28. of September in Latvian port city Liepaja. The school i was going to ws situated in Riga. After i graduated from school i went to crafts school where i learned how to be a decorator. In times of the last socialism period’s i was working at Red Star Factory for one month, putting together motorbikes. Then I was accepted to Latvian Art academy where i spent about 7 years changing faculties. Starting with design and ending with painting faculty. I graduated from the Academy as a master of painting. In my art, at first i was making different objects and installations. In the recent years i moslty paint. I am very much attracted by industrial sceneries and different technical stuff and objects. Factories, oil derricks and cars are as close to me as people. I explore and photograph these industrial monsters quite often. Later, from the photographs i make i get the inspiration to paint. Often, i even get to know the history of these objects, this is similar to the process when surgeon before the operation reads the patient’s history. Then in process I operate just like plastic surgeon, сonverting objects, giving them new appereance and sometimes even soul. In the end, these monsters look at you with their new faces and rarely anyone can recognize them.”
- At the moment Vītoliņš is getting prepared for an exhibition which we will be able to see next year. He also is in the process of creating a book.
- He also draws people but does not show those paintigs as often as industrially themed.
You can find him at:
February 28, 2010
05.03.2010 “:Dobro” Весенний концерт на Андрейсале!
Зима отступает. Время от времени в воздухе уже чувствуется весенний запах, душа всё чаще просит лирики, хочется совершать легкомысленные поступки. Жизнь в этом городе вот-вот начнёт просыпаться и нам бы очень хотелось ускорить этот процесс!
5-го марта творческая мастерская “Орбита” приглашает вас на весенний концерт-посиделки “:Dobro” для того, чтобы вместе с группами “Da`Ba”, “Forshpil” и “Kaķis Maisā” прочувствовать волнующее весеннее настроение в уютной и душевной атмосфере. А после концерта все желающие смогут остаться на просмотр фильма “Happy-Go-Lucky”. О чае, кофе и кое-чём покрепче позаботится вагончик „Coffee Time”.
Стоимость входа: 2 ls
адрес: Андрейостас 4, корпус 15
February 15, 2010
26.02.2010: CONCEPTIONS #1. Mūsdienu dzīvās mūzikas festivāls Andrejsalā!
Mūsdienu muzikālā kultūra mudž no iespējamo stilu un virzienu pārpilnības. Ērā, kad portatīvais dators spēj aizstāt veselu orķestri, īpašu vērtību iegūst mūziķi, kas spēj radīt modernu un aktuālu dzīvo mūziku. Viņu koncertos notiek emocionāla mijiedarbība starp publiku un mūziķiem.
Mākslinieciskā darbnīca „Orbīta” veido jaunu tradīciju – mūsdienu dzīvās mūzikas festivālu „CONCEPTIONS #1”, kura eklektiku rada nu-jazz, easy-listening, drum`n`base, acid-jazz, nu-swing, electronic, disco un electro-funk noskaņas. Šogad pasākuma galvenā tēma ir tieši latviešu kolektīvi. Savas stila un skaņu koncepcijas piedāvās tādas autoritatīvas grupas, kā “The Briefing”, “Dandelion Wine”, “Beat-Retro-Scratch”, kā arī nesen izveidotas, bet jau daudzsološas grupas “Sun Quay”, “Riga Metro”, “Zara.za” un “JJ Project”. Mūziķus atbalstīs DJ Funkstrot, VJ Astrowind un VJ Pleshkan.
Festivāls norisināsies 26. Februārī 19:00 Andrejsalā, „Orbītā” (Andrejostas 4, korpuss № 15). Ieeja par ziedojumiem: 5 Ls (3 Ls ar flajeri).
Informācija un flajers: www.andrejsala.lv
The Briefeng – http://www.draugiem.lv/music/artist/?id=3206
Dandelion Wine – http://www.draugiem.lv/dandelionwine
Sun Quay – http://www.draugiem.lv/sunquay
Riga Metro – http://www.draugiem.lv/rigametro
Beat Retro Scratch – http://www.draugiem.lv/beatretroscratch
February 11, 2010
18.02.2010: ORB-BEAT-A! Соревнование по словестной импровизации-фристайлу на Андрейсале.
В четверг, 18-го февраля, в творческой мастерской “ORBITA” (Андрейостас 4а, 15-й корпус) 16 отчаяных молодых людей из столицы и регионов Латвии будут соревноваться в своём мастертсве зарифмованного красноречия.
Фристайл – термин, пришедший из хип-хоп культуры. Подразумевает под собой сочинение текста под музыку “на ходу”, здесь и сейчас, на сцене, перед зрителями!
Это не просто соревнование и эффектное шоу, это стиль жизни. Возможность продемонстрировать своё мастерство и преодолеть самого себя. В общем, приходите и сами всё увидите.
Победителя определяют зрители!
Начало в 19.00
Стоимость входа: 2 Ls
February 3, 2010
February 3, 2010
Here it goes. Don donulis donuts place.
Prices are okay. Average price for a donut is about 0,27 Ls.
Many kind of them. Chocolate, vanilla, cherry, caramel, different flavors and forms.
Drinks are okay too – tea, coffee, some shakes.
Discounts for students and take away option ;>
Adress: Brivibas 89
February 3, 2010
- Aleksandrs Muižnieks / Boze
- Photography/ Painting / Video making and edit
- “I was born, 1991 March 30, in Riga. I still live there,and I really love this city and all who are around – people, nature, city lifestyle and more.
I am an impulsive man, if something comes to my mind I don’t think very long but just do it now. Besides photography I study in secondary school and plus work in local shop. Also I roller-skate at amateur level. After some time I realized that if I can’t give something for skating, then I can do that with taking photos, after that I’ve started my photograpy story. In free time I like chilling with my friends or simply do nothing!Also I paint sometime, in the past, painting was a passion for me. I went to art class, but then I left it, I just don’t know why. Also I’m making some videos for my team. I believe that everything what I do will be useful in the future.”
- “Art for me is something like a toy for little children. When I feel if I need it, I just take it and do something with them, do some scratches on my paper, for example, or I take my camera and make some photos!”
- “I really can’t remember my first work, but all my life I was painting something on paper and now I do that too.”
- “Nothing is perfect, but if you got skills you can make something from nothing.”
- He will never visualise something that really is not acceptable for people.
- His inspiration: “I think all photographers which I know! I can learn a lot from them and maybe they can learn something from me.”
You can find him at:
February 2, 2010
- Gatis Kurzemnieks
- different forms of visual communication
- “I have studied very different things – starting from 3D graphics to software engineering and real time graphics programming, and the most recent – visual communication in Latvian academy of Art.
I have always been fascinated by possibilities of new technologies – especially in real time 3D graphics, so for the last five years, I have been working as a game developer. Lately I feel, that I have had enough of making games and I want to try something new. I hope I have gathered quite unique set of skills while living in both – technical and artistic worlds, so I am ready for about anything.”
- “I am visual artist because I like everything that is visual. I don’t care what it is, but if it looks good and interesting – I’m in! Pretty pictures – yay!!! “
- “I don’t think I have ever done a serious piece of art. What is serious anyway? It is always about playing, experimenting and learning. “
- His perfect model/subject is someone extraordinary.
- We asked him if he thinks he is different and here is his answer : “Deep down we are all the same. “
- He gets inspired by Simple things around us, music, movies, books, people.
You can find him at:
January 29, 2010
- Marc Litvyakoff
- “I love to look around me and to see the beauty in people and objects.. I guess this is why I started to photograph- to find beauty-stop the moment-show it to others, that is the point. I believe that there is a beauty in everything it depends just from which site you are looking on it..
it’s already 10 years that my passion for painting has transformed in photography.. I also dreamed about fashion, I dreamed to design shoes! Today I can say that my dream came true, as my girlfriend is a fashion designer and we are working together a lot. My two big passions-fashion and photography transformed into new passion-fashion photography:)
photography is my way to make our world better, this is my credo”
- “it can be, as well as it is not always has to be a piece of art to be a good photo. I am a commercial photographer, not a “pure art” photographer”
- “My first big step was my first cover for PODIUM ART magazine 4 years ago, which I like even now”
- “I prefer color, because I love color itself”
- “No matter what it is it has to have an influence, to inspire me in order to become a good picture”
- He will never visualise something that brings bad emotions.
- He gets inspiration from beauty.
You can find him at :
January 29, 2010
- Normunds Rustanovičs / N.R.
- “I don’t lock myself to a specific category, as photography is not my only hobby, I try to explore different areas, mostly landscape, street and portrait. I started to do street when I got my first order of TRIX400 BW film, which is wonderful for this purpose.”
- “I guess I started to get serious about photography because I love nature, I like to freeze the wonderful moments as I see them, and show them to others. I travel by bicycle and have seen probably all of Latvia, so I have had many opportunities to make images. Apart from photography and travel I also do Geo caching and Web design, I guess all of these go together well. I don’t make images often – my inspiration comes like waves, at some periods of time, I make no images at all. For months there could be nothing. Then one day, I have a good mood, and make some really good stuff, that I want to post on flickr (this is where I put my favorites).”
- “I like Landscape photography, because landscape never goes anywhere. You can anticipate the best light, best angles, and come at the right time. I won’t escape, and I love the peace of untouched nature.”
- “I guess I got serious as soon as I got my first camera. I had a Zenith quite a long time back, when I was a kid, but as soon as I ran out of film, I forgot about it, and the next phase started after I bought a digital Canon soapbox. Nothing spectacular came out of it, but after my SLR upgrade, I even managed to sell one of my images for quite a nice sum (see it), so this is when I became “professional” :) Just joking, I’m not a professional except in the sense that I have been paid to take images.”
- “Black and White. Color. Each for a different purpose. Street and portrait I like in BW, of course – better if it’s film. I actually make quite a few images with my Nikon F3, a fantastic manual camera. My landscapes always turn out better in color, although it takes my breath away to look at full size Ansel Adams prints (which are black and white).”
- A perfect object for photographing – “Untouched nature from the perfect vantage point, at the right light. It’s my dream scenario.”
- “Isn’t everyone different? At least everyone likes to believe that. I guess that everyone has their specific taste in terms of image composition, saturation, contrast, noise – some people prefer grainy Holga images, some like over saturated, noise-reduced HDRs. I guess I have my own taste, and it’s very critical. This is why I don’t have many images posted online, and this is why I don’t have many absolute-favorites from other photographers.”
- “There is nothing – no view, no emotion – that can’t be visualized and brought to the viewer. The only trick is, to do it in a way, that reaches the maximum possible people. Maybe there is a specific way that brings emotion to one person, but maybe there is another way that brings emotion to ten people. If you learn to reach more people with your image, you become a photographer.”
- He gets inspiration from music.
You can find him at: