Gatis Kurzemnieks @ FILTERED
February 2, 2010
- Gatis Kurzemnieks
- different forms of visual communication
- “I have studied very different things – starting from 3D graphics to software engineering and real time graphics programming, and the most recent – visual communication in Latvian academy of Art.
I have always been fascinated by possibilities of new technologies – especially in real time 3D graphics, so for the last five years, I have been working as a game developer. Lately I feel, that I have had enough of making games and I want to try something new. I hope I have gathered quite unique set of skills while living in both – technical and artistic worlds, so I am ready for about anything.”
- “I am visual artist because I like everything that is visual. I don’t care what it is, but if it looks good and interesting – I’m in! Pretty pictures – yay!!! “
- “I don’t think I have ever done a serious piece of art. What is serious anyway? It is always about playing, experimenting and learning. “
- His perfect model/subject is someone extraordinary.
- We asked him if he thinks he is different and here is his answer : “Deep down we are all the same. “
- He gets inspired by Simple things around us, music, movies, books, people.
You can find him at: