Mārtiņš @ FILTERED
January 27, 2010
- Live digital painting
- Born in Riga in February of 1986. Studied traditional painting, drawing, sculpting also 3d modelling, illustration, video arts and web-design at Janis Rozentals Riga Art School. Right now studying visual communication in Academy of Arts of Latvia. Always wanted to become a game developer.
- Started only in 2007, when I tried to draw digitally(notebook+Wacom tablet) live models and surroundings as I have done it past decade in school, though with paper and pencil or oil and canvas. Paintings are mostly done in 30 minutes to 2 hours (usually till notebook`s battery depletes), so they have sketchy and fresh feel.
- Perfect model.. unaware of the photographer or artist who is taking photo/drawing him so he/she is as natural as possible – that`s why no one is looking straight at me in my works, models are caught in the middle of work, conversation or just taking a rest.
- “Am I different? Yeah as we all are..”
- Inspired by surroundings, other artists, movies, games.
You can find him at: