Arthur Berzinsh @ FILTERED
December 26, 2009
- Arthur Berzinsh
- Painter / Photo manipulation / Video / Music / Graphic art
- Born: April 20th, 1983 in Riga, Latvia.
- Education: 2000 – 2005 J. Rozentals Riga Art School. 2005 – 2009 Latvian Art Academy (LMA, Visual Communications Department, bachelor) Since 2009 studies in LMA MA course.
- Maybe for detached observer my creative work may seem like some kind of delirium of drunk angels, but actually each work of art I create contains a revelation, which partly is hidden, but other it’s parts gets denuded before the viewer. It’s such a marginal twilight world which I fill with my metaphors, and then I build these images on them like on frameworks.
- I shoot photos mostly for the raw material in my creative works – for photo manipulations and other kind of visual communication. My main streamlines in creative work are painting and film making. Also besides I work as advertising artist and sometimes create music and write prose.
- His first serious work – In 2001 –” this is still one of my favourite paintings called “Ashes of our Eden” – it is 150 cm high”.
- His perfect model – “The one that conform to the character that he/she has to represent in my vision”.
- Is he different? “Yes, I am. I am different even anatomically – I am the only human in Latvia with two heart ventricles instead of four.”
- “I will never visualise things, what are against my point of view.”
- What inspires him? “Obsession. I’m obsessed. Creative plans and idea generating processes holds me in their grasp all the time. I observe things – inside of me, outside – from the abstract view, I transform one wraith into other wraith’s metaphor. Anything can inspire me, but mostly – personal emotional experiences and social exacerbations.”
You can find him at: