Agris Robs @ FILTERED
August 26, 2009
- Agris Robs
- Digital photography
- He was born in Dobele, but lives in Saldus, except the periods when he is studying in RTU in Riga. He is studying something that’s is absolutely not connected with photography – energetics. Works in building and energetics company. Photography is just one of his hobbies. He is also a orientation sports fan,and the results are not that essential,yet the pleasure of seeing and acknowledging things while doing it is much more important.he is a quite impulsive person,which you can also see in his photos.
- He says : ” if i come up with an idea, than i have almost physical need to fulfill it. otherwise it “burns out” and after few days there are only memories and no idea. That’s why i am happy for the good relations i have built with some models, who know i can ask them to go on a shoot at any time, and they will be ready to realize my ideas. Sometimes it is not even an idea, it’s just my mood, atmosphere. In past few years i try not to watch TV and not to read news portals to avoid accumulating negative energy, which is pushed on us these days.”
- He says:”Not watching TV allows me to have more free time. I use it to look at picture on the internet or do something else. If talking about music, i enjoy listening internet radios, mostly club house, club mix or ambient to chill out. Sometimes jungle or d’n’b. According to my mood I choose either Sade or M people.”
- He does not remember his first shot. But when he was a kid he had this little camera where you can shoot 72 photos on one film. He doesn’t really remember what was he photographing.. must have been cars or something like that.
- Agris says: “A lot later, i bought Soligor film camera to capture my one and only. This is how approx. 5 first years passed me being a photographer, and she taught me a lot about how to communicate with a model which helps me now with understanding model’s feelings in particular situation.
I do not know how this hobby turned into something more but it wasn’t because i decided so. I think it was something slow and natural. Only few years ago a realized that it is all affecting my life seriously and i can’t just leave i behind and start doing something new. I realized i must continue developing myself in this direction.”
- He says: ” It is not like i give priority to color or black and white photography – it all depends on particular story, idea, atmosphere, composition or other influencing factors. Usually all my photos are edited and saved in both b&w and color variant. Only after some time i can decide which variant i like better.”
- He thinks that and ideal model is the one who absolutely trusts the photographer. He says that only about 1/3 gets to the shooting. The rest part never gives him the feeling that it will be easy and comfortable for both sides. if model has any doubt that everything will be okay – Agris does not work with them. One of the rules in his model/photographer relationships is – model must be like a plasticine in photographer’s hands.
- Agris is very careful will calling himself a photographer. As long as his education is not connected with photography and he never studyed it. Except one year when he was studying in art school. he got there because he was categorically against music school and had to choose. He learned few photo courses that changed his outlook to photography. He is not sure if he is different from other photographers. May be he is. But it is really hard to tell. He has few favorite photographers whose works where an inspiration fot him. He learned a lot from them and sometimes even “copied” something. He says: ” I don’t know.. may be i have some style features that nobody else has, but i only started developing my style so it’s a big work to do.”
- He thinks that nothing really unites his works at this moment, because he is always in search of new ideas. He loves working with light, lines, forms and emotions.
You can find him at: