Aljans @ FILTERED
August 24, 2009
- Aleksander / Aljans
- He was born in the capital of Latvia, Riga where he now lives. From the childhood, he loves adventures. He is ready to do everything only if it will be fun. He is open-minded and a reliable friend. I love sunsets, noise of the surf and the rustle of the pines in the dune area. I can’t stand lies, hypocrisy and fish products. My life credo – always forwards and never backwards.
- His first real shot he made, he wasn’t the one to create it’s idea. I was 9 or 10 years old, i photographed on a film camera old couple , who where walking on the street and talking about something. I haven’t noticed anything special in the picture, but one Russian photographer said, that the photograph has an idea, and i should try myself in photography, i listened to him, and here i am.
- He uses digital equipment but thinks that film cameras are the ideal.
- He says: “Ideal model – if you are talking about camera model is any, non regardless of it’s price or any other criteria, the most important thing is if you know how to use it. If you are talking about a model as an object of the photograph. Than it’s anything, and the important thing is to photograph it in the right way.”
- He says that he is not different. He thinks that he is as good as any other person in this world. He wants his works and ideas to speak for him and be different. But not he himself.
- All his works are connected by his ideas and all his ideas connect his works.
You can find him at: