July 11, 2009
- Mārtiņš Kuišelis
- He is trying to be a human. He has his own bugs, like any of us.
- Mārtiņš says : “drawn to the exploration of urban environments: both in being interested in the environment itself, and reflecting on the symbiosis and co-existence of people and their urban surroundings. It’s the environment where a hefty crowd of us spend our entire lives, yet it is most often overlooked.” It slips by us, and we by it. Nature photography is a kind of meditation for him. He sometimes suffers from insomnia.
You can find him at:
July 9, 2009
- George Avetisyan
- Photographer / Painter / Hip Hop music / Graphic design
- He was given birth and was growing near Talsi, now living in Riga. Had lived some time in USA. George is balanced, steady and focused. He has his own unique features. From all media he prefers music, poetry and photography because they are the most natural. Unlike design and painting, where everything can be made up.
- His favorites in photography are Richard Avedon, Diana Airbus, Henri Cartier Bresson and Philippe Halsman who was born in Riga. In painters, he admires Salvador Dali, armenian painter Ivan Konstantinovich Aivazovsky, and born in Latvia Mark Rothko. From painters of our days : Shawn Barber and David Von Bassewitz. Speaking of graphics and illustrators : Andy Warhol, Tavis Coburn, Jorge Alderete un Asaf Hanuka. Musicl preferences : Bob Marley, Common, Madlib, Dj Krush, Zero 7, Dj Premier, The Roots and others.
- George thinks that everyone and each of us is different. We all are. We have our own sphere of expressing our emotions and thoughts. And this is why we are unique. The question is if we have the knowledge and wiseness to use our talants and power.
- Apart from many things he does, he has his own business. His company SIA BE (official web site) which will soon have a 3 years anniversary. It was going all different ways but George and his team are very ambitious.
- He divinizes traveling, airports, hanging out in the nature. Being active while resting and passing time with his friends. Sometimes he also likes to do nothing, switch off his thoughts and may be read something from Osho, M. Bulgakov.
- When making a photograph George is trying to plan his concept in advance. Anyway he never can miss a chance to point and shoot if he sees something great. George loves working with black and white film and develops it himself.
- George mostly uses oil while painting but he also uses watercolors, charcoal, ink and pastel. Some time ago , he mostly liked to paint old-school way. But original ideas never end.
- Hip hop music is something he uses to communicate. Word is the most powerful way of communicating. And hip hop is musical genre in which you can combine melody, feelings and information.
You can find him at:
“Watch out!” Author is using lineas, forms and perspective to show dramatism of the moment.
“In the kitchen” one of the pictures in the serie “In the kitchen”(still in progress).
One of the “People i meet” series. The goal was to find an idea and in 4 hours using 2×36 b/w films make a serie of sonnected pictures. See the rest
“Gustavo” one of the “Musicians” serie.
July 7, 2009
- Street art
- He is madly sick with this art. Even if he wanted he couldn’t stop.
- Firts piece on the wall was born when RIST was twelve. And RIST as an artist was born in 2006.
- Style is something he differs from other artists.
- RIST thinks that street art in Latvia is slowly dying. There was an activity BOOM some time ago but now it’s all quiet. Hopefully it is quiet before the big wind. We can all surely be waiting something huge from RIST.
You can find him at:
July 5, 2009
F for FILTERED More to come
Thank you Mr. 836 for this.
Go look up, find it! ;>
July 2, 2009
- Street artists / Designers / Happy couple
- Madara and Andris – ZAI team do it because they like it. They place stickers all over different cities to make them more friendly.
- The couple lives with their two cats in an Art Nouveau building in the center of Riga, Latvia.
- If ZAI had not become artists they would be sportsman (Andris) and veterinarian (Madara). If they could live somewhere apart from Riga they would have chosen Tokyo. Andris can get inspired from everything around him. As for Madara, she gets inspired from her family, people who make sweet stuff, nature, traveling, good boks, magazines.
You can find them at:
July 2, 2009
- Indra Gleizde
- Photography is something where she can waste her time. And lately it started taking a lot more time and more seriously. Indra is afraid that she might become addictive. ;>
- She is not sure if she is different. She is one and only. Like all we are.
- Indra loves fresh air, she reads books. Likes to have good evening out somewhere. She mostly takes pictures of people and herself.
- If YOU are a nice patient model, be sure to contact her ;>
You can find her:
July 2, 2009
- Junglist DJ/Producer/ Interface/ Branding/ Environmental designer
- He says: “I take my time to construct a rigid backbone of my works. I tend to render plans in multiple layers connecting both visual and functional. I tend to more on the constructive side of thinking. Since I realized no-one Really benefits from advertising, I started looking forward to design jobs more on a practical side. Something long-lasting functional. Street-wise I love it to see in a proper place, brightly popping upon something old and textured. Indoors it’s gotta look like vector-art. Wallpaper patterns are deep. My aim is to become an architect, working according the suggestions of Vedic architecture. I would really like to build a massive metal bridge, build from modular elements inspired by nature. Simple is good.”
- He is in streets since 98. He loves yellow, black, sun, fishing, nature, sand, rooftops, rock-climbing, paint, headphones, flexible beats and dope basslines, ease,dance, movement, mind-blowing, seeing people as animals in their behavior, femz, yoga and the art of lovemaking.
- D.ONE-84 felt different first time when met kids out in the yard and they didn’t get him, because he was more into art, experiments of physics and science than robots and war-games.
- D.ONE-84 really likes drawing.. and fishing is just something really relaxing.
- Music he likes: Jungle, 2Step, Bassline, Electro, Breaks.
- Live Life 2 Love. Love Life 2 Live!
July 1, 2009
If you want to sell something,
maybe someone else wants to buy it!
On 26 July, Domina Shopping Centre invites everybody to the first Mantu placis – Flea Market where anybody can sell property which they no longer need, but which could be useful to someone else! You look forward to seeing your grandfather clocks and your grandmother’s embroidery, old banknotes and stamps, shoes that were stylish 20 years ago and bags that were last season’s height of fashion, eternal vintage jeans and brave Crimplene dresses. Likewise, many visitors to the sale could be interested in bikes that your kids have outgrown, lampshades which don’t fit in with your new intererior and palms that have outgrown your apartment ceiling. Books that no longer move you, videos you haven’t watched for ages gather dust on your shelves and music that gives you heartaches? Naturally, there’s a place for all such items at the Flea Market. The only rule is that the size of the items for sale must be such that they can be brought to the shopping centre by one person.
- – filling online form here or
- – at Domina Shopping Centre’s Information Centre
Read more about the trading rules here
Official Web site : Mantu Placis
July 1, 2009
Open 10 of july – 2 of august
An exhibition “Deviņdesmitie” going on at “Arsenāls”.
Exposition will be made from serie of photographs, short movie and diary quotes. Photographs were made while in primary school 1991-1993 years. Shown to public for the first time.
Official artist’s web site : ivarsglavlejs.com